I'm sitting here thinking and letting my fingers expose my thinking process and all that is going through my head is the stuff that isn't done. I feel almost wicked that I don't have my Christmas decorations up. I haven't got any cards out. I haven't planned Christmas goodies or made the gift lists and shopping lists. Christmas really hasn't snuck up any faster than it did last year and the year before that. That magic day, tomorrow, it never really comes. It's always "today" and what I can do today. So what if the snow comes way to early and catches us without snow tires. So what if Grandma is not feeling good and needs a little extra TLC and a doctor visit. So what if your granddaughter, who is 3 years old, calls just to chat and you can hardly understand a word she says but you love every word. So what if your evening of projects falls apart because your husband gives you hug and asks you to come to dinner with him. What is important is done. That is always good to remember.
The life and adventures of a crazy wife, mom and grandmother going through middle age and whatever else gets in my way!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
The first Sunday in the last month of the year.
Lots of things go through your mind this time of year. A little self retrospect on what you had planned on doing this year versus what you actually did get done. Creating a blog is one thing to check off my list and another thing to check off my bucket list. Not that I have planned on dying this year, but I still have 26 days to the end of the year and anything can happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! You created the blog and you didn't even need my help! Great first post too!
ReplyDeleteHmm, my first comment didn't show. Anyway, I was just saying congrats on creating the blog, great first post, and I look forward to reading your posts! You have a unique perspective on the world that is very refreshing!
ReplyDelete