Friday, February 11, 2011

My baby girl is getting married!

This is long awaited happy news for us.  Cait and I have had a frank discussions on her love life before the big engagement.  They had been dating about 8 or 9 months when I first asked her about their love life.


Me:  So, Cait, you and Chris have been dating for ions according to the Utah Young Mormon Singles dating timeline.  After about 4 months, there is usually some kind of decision on whether to keep dating or an engagement.  So what's up with you and Chris?
Cait:   We're still together.
Me:    Does that mean you're dating exclusively?  You're dating just as friends?  Does this mean you haven't decided yet?
Cait:   We're dating.  I don't date anyone else.
Me:    Are you guys talking marriage or do you two avoid that?
Cait:   We've mentioned it.
Me:    Is that a good thing?
Cait:   Yes.
Me:   So, you two are talking marriage like in you both want to marry each other?
Cait.  Yes.
Me:   (I waited for her to add more to her "yes", but after about 10 seconds or FOREVER, I answered)
          YAHOOOOO!!!!!  You guys are getting married!!!!!  I'm so excited!  So, does that mean you are      looking for rings?  Does this mean you have a date?
Cait:   Mom!  Mom!  We're just thinking about it.
Me:    Well that's is still really cool!  I'm still excited!  How do you feel about this?
Cait:   Yeah, I'm OK with this.
Me:    Are you two really happy together?
Cait:   Yeah!  We like hanging out together.
Me:    Do you really love each other?
Cait:   I guess we do.  We hang out.
Me:    Woooo HOOOOO!  You guys are getting married!!!
Cait:   Mom!  Mom!  Nothing's official yet.  We're just thinking about it.
Me:   Get a move on, girl!  Tell Chris to hurry up and ask you already.  We've got some planning to do!   What are you two waiting around for?


As you can tell, Cait tends to be very low-key about stuff.  I thought she would let go and be a little animated about this, but Cait is just a quiet girl.  I hope Chris doesn't mind that.


On January 31, 2011, Chris officially asked Caitlyn to marry him.  They went for a drive and ended up near their old apartment complex (that's where they met - they were neighbors and in the same Ward together) and they took a walk out by the soccer fields at UVU.  He got down on his knee and took the ring out of his pocket and said, "I brought you here to ask you to marry me because this is where I fell in love in with you".  She immediately sent us a picture text of her hand with the ring on her finger.  I called when I had a moment and was just so happy that I could only scream in the phone.  


So here it is, almost two weeks later and I am in agony.  There is no date yet.  There is no plan yet.  I feel like a sprinter in a starting position waiting for the gun to go off but it DOESN'T go off and you wait and wait and wait and wait.  The waiting is just driving me crazy.  I posted on Facebook today that I have lots of ideas for the wedding and I'm planning it in my head already and I asked Cait & Chris to hurry up and feed me some needed info.  I guess I'm just to impatient to wait.  I feel like going down there and to do the NCIS head slap to the back of the head and tell them to get a move on and not leave until I get an answer.  Well, assaulting my daughter and my future son-in-law is probably not a good thing but really, do you think anyone can blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment