Did I happen to mention that I have the cutest grandchildren. I love hearing little stories about each one of them. In just a few weeks, there will be nine grandchildren. The oldest one just lost his first tooth. He was a baby just a minute ago and now he is just a take-charge kind of guy, a leader in his family, a guy who likes to keep things figured out. My oldest granddaughter will be turning 5 next week. Already her talents are so apparent: she sings, she is doing well in her piano studies (Thank you, Celi), she is reading (good job Mommy Lauren) and she loves studying the gospel. Dallin, grandchild #3, has a perpetual grin on his face that just hints of mischief, but he loves to express his love to his mother often and me when I get to be around him. Taylor Jean is grandchild #4 and she has the best laugh. At 3 years of age, she has her father's quick wit, a love of music and dancing, and promise of being an exceptional athlete. Next is grandchild #5, Morgan Amelia, who has got the art of looking cute down pat, a girl who thinks that building a snowman in the house was a great idea at the time and can get away with it by a tilt of her head and a killer smile. Jaedyn is #6 and she is Taylor's shadow, dance partner and her big sister's biggest fan. She is a mommy's girl and I just adore it when she snuggles up in her mother's lap with her thumb in her mouth and the other hand holding her pigtail. Sadie is number 7 and up until a few months ago, seemed to be a quiet observer of her older sisters and sideline participant. Now that she can run, the others will have just keep up. Go Sadie! Like her mother, she has mastered the art of language and self expression. Yeah, Lauren, have fun with that! And Haydn, grandchild #8 is a lovely little boy. He is also a mommy's boy and when his mother was gone for two weeks, he let me love and snuggle with him. I loved that he felt it was his job to throw what ever was in his reach down the stairs. I know I shouldn't have encouraged it, but it just cracked me up the stuff he would throw down the stairs. I can't wait to tell stories about grandchild #9, a little girl who will have 3 older sisters. She is so lucky to have 3 best friends when she comes.
It is so amazing to me that my children are parents. It is also so amazing to me that my children who are married have eternal companions that are phenomenal people. Their love for each other just radiates and enriches them. It's like regular TV versus HD TV, like food without salt versus food with salt, like viewing life with sunglasses as opposed to viewing life without the sunglasses. We are so lucky to have two more sons and one more lovely daughter without the pregnancy part. Who knows, I may love them more because of that! Just kidding!
I'm not done with this post, but (yawn.....) I WAY too tired right now. I love my bed! I'm going there right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment