Wednesday, February 2, 2011

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Boy has time got away from me!  It just shot right by!  In the back of my head there is a constant soundtrack to my life.  On days I'm trying to work and get a lot done, I hear my soundtrack acting like the narrative of my life.  Case in point:


Time, time, time, see what's become of me 
While I looked around 
For my possibilities 
I was so hard to please 
But look around, leaves are brown 
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter 

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/simon+and+garfunkel/#share


See what I mean?


Ok, I love Simon & Garfunkel.  I listen to them or some of my other favorites and suddenly I'm transported back in time to that moment when I listened with intent and thought about the words.  Sometimes that takes me back to my teen days in California.  Sometimes, I'm a newlywed in Seattle while Dennis is in school and sometimes I'm in the car running those thousands of errands that a soccer mom of five has to take care of.  Sometimes, the memories are in layers and all those memories come at once like a collage of thoughts, feelings, memory pictures of faces with the sounds and smells.


So, if I'm feeling a little ineffective like I'm butting my head against a wall, Simon & Garfunkel again with the chorus to "The Boxer".  Lately, my happy music is Santana's "Supernatural" and "Shaman".  My calm soundtrack are hymns.  Those are mostly sung my favorite Men's Chorus, those lovely boys at BYU.  I LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!  They are also my "stay awake" music, especially when I'm driving because I like to "lead" the music.  I can't tell you how many people have waved back at me because they thought I was waving to them.  Folks, I'm leading the music, can't you tell??  And most of all, the soundtrack when I think of my children when they were little and my grandchildren comes from Primary music.  There is no sweeter sound than little voices singing their hearts out.  


Well, I must get back to my life.  It is late and I'm just getting the bedding dry for Grandma Martha's bed.  She said she is OK waiting up until it is finished.  It was a hard day today.  I called her doctor to see if it was time to order labwork done to check for things I'm worried about.  It's amazing how much I know about her health and what I need to do to keep her going.  I'm hoping she isn't too sad that her only other living sibling passed away a few weeks ago.  She loved talking with Catherine and now she is the only one.  She has outlived her friends and her family.  At least she still has all her children and me!



No comments:

Post a Comment