I'm sure you all have had those days when you know you need to have something done that day and it just doesn't happen for one reason or another. I started out with a plan on Monday, only to realize that once again, I was over ambitious. I did get the Christmas stuff out of storage with Kellen's help. I only got in 3 hours at the office on Monday and I haven't been back since. Meant to get the Christmas things in the house yesterday, but Dennis took the Mazda with the stuff in it after dinner last night. I improvised, I shopped the one day sale at Macy's until it closed at 11 pm. Went home, got Gr. Martha tucked into bed and took a long warm (not hot) shower and slowly got ready for bed.
I forgot the heating and air/conditioning repairman was coming today for the winter maintenance. I got caught in my PJ's and I hurried up and got ready before they drove off. The same young man has been coming for about 6 years. It is so nice to see a familiar face who knows your history and all that's been done.
For some odd reason, I bought Fruity Pebbles. It took about a month, but I just finished the box. Chris, Caitlyn told me they were one your favorite cereals. I don't know why, but for some reason, I have a need to try other people's favorite foods unless I know it will cause me great bodily harm, like spicy foods like salsa, Mexican food, some Asian foods or anything else that isn't MILD. I'm sorry you all have to hear this, but if it burns going in, it burns coming out! So, I've tried Fruity Pebbles. Dottie likes Chocolate Cheerios and I'm giving those a second try. BTW, diet begins in earnest on January 3rd!
OK, I'm getting the Christmas stuff out of the car! I'm setting up the tree! Alright already! I'm going! I'll quit procrastinating. I just wish I had children around me to help put the tree. Here's another honesty moment, I really never had those type of children. Most of the time it wasn't a big family moment to put up and decorate the tree. Some say I was too picky about where and how the decorating process went. So to those who now have families of their own, do you understand me now?
And if I could really get by on 4 hours sleep, I would get a lot more done! Nah, I'm still trying to figure out how to stay on task. I think I got the mind of a five year old, no offense to grandchildren who have been 5 or will be 5 shortly.
OK, I'm going to decorate! I think I need lunch. Blood sugar dropping. Yawn! Tired too!
Hey, for your information the past two years that I was home for Christmas, I was the one to decorate the Christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteShawn and I had the girls help us decorate the Christmas tree this year! It was great fun, but for a while there you could definitely see that kids helped us do it. Most of our ornaments only covered the bottom half of the tree. We have slowly but surely redistributed them, and our tree looks wonderful!
ReplyDelete